AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – Unemployment across Texas held steady at 5.1 percent in July.
The Texas Workforce Commission on Friday announced last month’s jobless figure matches the state’s unemployment rates for May and June.
Nationwide unemployment in July rose slightly to 6.2 percent.
TWC officials say the Texas economy showed steady growth in July, adding 46,600 seasonally-adjusted nonfarm jobs. The statewide economy has expanded by 396,200 jobs in the past year, a 3.5 percent annual growth rate.
The Midland area had the lowest unemployment rate in Texas last month at 2.9 percent. The July jobless rate for neighboring Odessa was 3.6 percent.
The Brownsville-Harlingen area had the highest statewide unemployment at 8.9 percent.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barnes, Matthews Power Mavs Past Bulls 107-82
- City Leaders To Hear Recommendations Of Dallas Commission On Homelessness
- DeSoto Community Reacts To Delayed Parade Due To Football
- Fort Worth Symphony Musicians And Management Reach Tentative Agreement
- No. 14 West Virginia Beats Baylor 24-21 To Get To 10 Wins