US Advances To FIBA U17 World Semifinals
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Henry Ellenson helped lead the two-time defending champion United States to the FIBA Under-17 World Championship semifinals, scoring 21 points in a 113-71 victory over China on Thursday.
The United States, 21-0 in the history of the tournament that also was played in 2010 and 2012, will face Italy on Thursday. Italy beat Japan 83-56.
Ellenson, from Rice Lake, Wisconsin, also had 10 rebounds. Diamond Stone, from Milwaukee, added 17 points and eight rebounds and set U.S. U17 records for blocked shots in a game with five and in the event with 20. Malik Newman of Jackson, Mississippi had 16 points and five assists.
In the other semifinal, Spain will play Australia. Spain beat France 71-67, and Australia topped Puerto Rico 76-52.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Jury Selection Begins For Super Bowl XLV Lawsuit
- Dallas Oil Company: Sahara Offshore Test Well Not Commercial
- Plano Could Name Lone Superintendent Finalist Soon
- Suspect Leads FW Police On Chase In Stolen Car
- 1 Dead, 1 Injured In Attempted Murder Suicide