DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Henry Ellenson helped lead the two-time defending champion United States to the FIBA Under-17 World Championship semifinals, scoring 21 points in a 113-71 victory over China on Thursday.
The United States, 21-0 in the history of the tournament that also was played in 2010 and 2012, will face Italy on Thursday. Italy beat Japan 83-56.
Ellenson, from Rice Lake, Wisconsin, also had 10 rebounds. Diamond Stone, from Milwaukee, added 17 points and eight rebounds and set U.S. U17 records for blocked shots in a game with five and in the event with 20. Malik Newman of Jackson, Mississippi had 16 points and five assists.
In the other semifinal, Spain will play Australia. Spain beat France 71-67, and Australia topped Puerto Rico 76-52.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Nina Simone, Bon Jovi, The Cars Lead 2018 Rock Hall List
- Monkey Selfies, Eclipse, Bitcoin, Lauer Top Google In 2017
- Shooting Near Hall Park In Garland Leaves 4 Teenagers Injured
- Pregnant Mother & Child Killed In Early Morning Cedar Hill Crash
- Rodgers Says He’s Been Medically Cleared To Return To Packers