Troopers Increase DWI Patrols For Labor Day
AUSTIN (AP) — Texas troopers have added patrols to watch for drunken drivers in a more than two-week enforcement push that includes Labor Day weekend.
The Texas Department of Public Safety says the increased DWI patrols began Friday and will run through Sept. 2.
Troopers will focus on high-risk locations at times when alcohol-related crashes are most frequent. The enhanced patrols are funded through a grant from the Texas Department of Transportation.
Texas troopers, during the Labor Day enforcement effort last year, made 1,682 DWI arrests. Officials say 218 of those arrests were the direct result of the increased patrols.
That DPS effort also resulted in 24,443 speeding citations and 3,541 seat belt/child safety seat citations. Troopers also made 1,223 fugitive arrests and 977 felony arrests.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 7 Reasons To Hate Toronto…or Maybe Dislike Them Some
- Experts Advise Getting Vaccinated Regardless Of Flu Season Severity
- Express Scripts To Cover Pricey New Cholesterol Treatments
- FWISD Students On ‘Walking School Buses’ For International Walk to School Day
- McCarthy Pledges “I’m Not John Boehner”