DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas police are searching for 27-year-old Lajardin Miller. Authorities say Miller is the person who opened fire at a Dallas apartment complex, hitting a 9-year-old boy.
The incident happened August 17 at the Regal Crossing Apartments, in the 7500 block of Chaucer Place.
The 9-year-old and another child were in the parking lot disposing of trash when the gunfire erupted. Witnesses told police the little boy was shot as Miller fired at two other males in the parking lot.
The shooting was allegedly sparked by some type of disturbance that happened the night before between Miller’s girlfriend and one of the men Miller is believed to have been shooting at.
The 9-year-old boy was taken to Children’s Medical Center of Dallas in serious condition.
A warrant, for Injury to a Child, has been issued for Miller. Dallas police are now asking for help from the public locating the suspect.
Anyone with information about the shooting or the whereabouts of Lajardin Miller is asked to contact North Texas Crime Stoppers at 214-373-TIPS (8477).
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Clinton’s Pledge: Steady Hand At ‘Moment Of Reckoning’
- Young TCU Baseball Fan And Honorary Horned Frog Dies Of Cancer
- Frisco Residents Petition Against Proposed Electric Substation
- Grieving Mother Heartbroken Again: The Statewide Search For A Lost Locket
- North Texas College Students, Universities Prepare For Campus Carry