In-Game App Part Of New High-Tech Baylor Stadium
WACO, Texas (AP) – Fans at Baylor’s new campus football stadium will be able to get instant replays and stats right at their seats.
School officials unveiled the Baylor In-Game Application on Monday. The app is part of the advanced technology at $260 million, 45,000-seat McLane Stadium.
No. 10 Baylor’s debut in its new home is Aug. 31 against SMU.
A robust Wi-Fi network in the stadium will provide access for the wireless devices used by fans, including smartphones, tablets or laptops.
Baylor officials say it is the first college athletics application that will provide replays from multiple views for fans at games. They say it’s the same technology used by professional teams.
The Bears won their first Big 12 title last season.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Horror Master Wes Craven Dies At 76
- Fort Worth FD Freed Person Trapped In Wrecked Car
- Service Pays Tribute To Murdered TV Reporter, Photographer
- Tarrant County Sheriff Laments How Times Have Changed For Law Enforcement
- Police Investigate Motive In Ambush Of Houston Area Deputy