NORMAN, Okla. (AP) – Oklahoma has suspended freshman running back Joe Mixon for the season after he pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor charge of assault.
Mixon is accused of knocking a woman unconscious with a punch and breaking several bones in her face last month.
The release said school President David Boren accepted the recommendation of athletic director Joe Castiglione and coach Bob Stoops. Mixon will be excluded from all team activities and removed from the team roster.
The school said with appropriate conditions, Mixon will be permitted to continue as a student, eligible for financial aid.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rangers Rally After 3-1/2-Hour Rain Delay, Beat Yankees 9-6
- Family, Friends Honor Firefighter Killed In Hit-And-Run
- Wild Weather Does Damage In Dallas
- Good Contractor’s List Kicks Out “Bad Apple”
- Facade Collapses Next To Parking Garage In Uptown