NORMAN, Okla. (AP) – Oklahoma has suspended freshman running back Joe Mixon for the season after he pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor charge of assault.
Mixon is accused of knocking a woman unconscious with a punch and breaking several bones in her face last month.
The release said school President David Boren accepted the recommendation of athletic director Joe Castiglione and coach Bob Stoops. Mixon will be excluded from all team activities and removed from the team roster.
The school said with appropriate conditions, Mixon will be permitted to continue as a student, eligible for financial aid.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Texans Flock To Airport, Fly Home For Thanksgiving
- Retail Expert Says “Bleak Friday” Isn’t Worth It
- Grand Jury Indicts 2 In Death Of Off-Duty Police Officer
- Suspect Reportedly Shot, Killed By Homeowner Identified
- Arlington Police Crack 3 1/2-Year-Old Double Homicide Case