NORMAN, Okla. (AP) – Oklahoma has suspended freshman running back Joe Mixon for the season after he pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanor charge of assault.
Mixon is accused of knocking a woman unconscious with a punch and breaking several bones in her face last month.
The release said school President David Boren accepted the recommendation of athletic director Joe Castiglione and coach Bob Stoops. Mixon will be excluded from all team activities and removed from the team roster.
The school said with appropriate conditions, Mixon will be permitted to continue as a student, eligible for financial aid.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Complaint Alleges Texas Charter Schools Abusing Visa Program
- Gas Prices Across Texas Average 2.07 Per Gallon
- Cute Encounter With Baby Gorilla At Fort Worth Zoo
- Suspect Accused Of Recording Girl In Dressing Room Identified
- Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles Selected To Host Super Bowls Through 2021