WASHINGTON (AP) – Brita is recalling approximately 242,500 children’s water filter bottles due to a possible laceration hazard.
The company said Tuesday that the lid of the hard-sided bottles can break into pieces with sharp points.
Brita has received 35 reports of lids breaking or cracking. No injuries have been reported.
The recalled bottles include a violet bottle with Dora the Explorer, a pink bottle with Hello Kitty, a blue bottle with SpongeBob Square Pants and a green bottle with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Each bottle has a Brita logo and white lid.
The bottles were sold online and at various retailers for about $13 to $19.
Consumers are advised to immediately stop using the bottles and to contact Brita for a postage-paid shipping package to return the bottles for a full refund.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Prince & Muhammad Ali Honored At BET Awards
- Clinton, Warren Meet For First 2016 Campaign Event
- North Texas Firefighter Remembered After Fatal Crash
- After Dalai Lama Met Lady Gaga, China Warns Of His Motives
- Phelps’ Influence Out Of Pool Impacts Results At U.S. Trials