HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (AP) – Joe Gibbs Racing has hired Carl Edwards to drive a new fourth Sprint Cup car in 2015.
The team also added Daniel Suarez, who will drive a full-time Nationwide Series entry for Gibbs and run a partial schedule in the Truck Series. Suarez becomes the first Mexican driver to race full-time in NASCAR’s second tier series.
The ARRIS Group will sponsor Edwards’ No. 19 Toyota for 17 races. The company will also support Suarez.
JGR also launched a diversity initiative with the Escuderia Telmex team to provide development opportunities to Mexican and Latin American drivers in the NASCAR Toyota Series in Mexico.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Federal Judge Considers Fate Of Texas ‘Sanctuary Cities’ Law
- AP Source: Stars Waive Goalie Niemi And Plan To Buy Him Out
- Yogi Earns NBA All-Rookie Second Team Honors
- Southwest Flight Diverted After Woman Attempts To Open Door
- Harry Potter Book Series Turns 20