HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (AP) – Joe Gibbs Racing has hired Carl Edwards to drive a new fourth Sprint Cup car in 2015.
The team also added Daniel Suarez, who will drive a full-time Nationwide Series entry for Gibbs and run a partial schedule in the Truck Series. Suarez becomes the first Mexican driver to race full-time in NASCAR’s second tier series.
The ARRIS Group will sponsor Edwards’ No. 19 Toyota for 17 races. The company will also support Suarez.
JGR also launched a diversity initiative with the Escuderia Telmex team to provide development opportunities to Mexican and Latin American drivers in the NASCAR Toyota Series in Mexico.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Some Constituents Stand Behind John Wiley Price As His Trial Gets Underway
- Fort Worth Looking To Land 4-Star Hotel Next To Arts District
- Judge Blocks Texas Cutting Medicaid To Planned Parenthood
- Yahoo Salvages Verizon Deal With $350 Million Discount
- Missouri Bill Would Limit Transgender School Bathroom Access