HUNTERSVILLE, N.C. (AP) – Joe Gibbs Racing has hired Carl Edwards to drive a new fourth Sprint Cup car in 2015.
The team also added Daniel Suarez, who will drive a full-time Nationwide Series entry for Gibbs and run a partial schedule in the Truck Series. Suarez becomes the first Mexican driver to race full-time in NASCAR’s second tier series.
The ARRIS Group will sponsor Edwards’ No. 19 Toyota for 17 races. The company will also support Suarez.
JGR also launched a diversity initiative with the Escuderia Telmex team to provide development opportunities to Mexican and Latin American drivers in the NASCAR Toyota Series in Mexico.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 2 People Wounded After Shooting Involving Dallas Police
- Motley 32 Points, 20 Rebounds Pushes No. 6 Baylor 74-64 Over Texas
- Former Rangers GM Dan O’Brien Sr. Dies At 87
- Sharp Scores Twice, Stars Hold On for 7-6 Win Over Rangers
- Mom Charged With Taking Her Kids 3 Decades Ago To Face Judge