AUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Indicted Texas Governor Rick Perry is expected to turn himself into an Austin Courthouse for booking within hours on felony charges for abuse of office and coercion. Perry plans to make statements upon entering the Travis County Courthouse and after he leaves.
Friends of the Governor are also expected to rally outside as appears for processing.
The rally is being promoted by Perry’s conservative allies ‘Empower Texans’ and conservative lawmakers are spreading the word through social media.
He is expected to make a statement before and after the booking process is complete.
Perry’s own Political Action Committee, RickPac, is even running an ad on the website to defend his actions.
Perry is charged with carrying out a threat to veto $7.5 million in funding for the state’s public integrity unit after Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg, a Democrat, refused to resign following a drunken driving arrest.
Jack Fink (@cbs11jack) August 19, 2014
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Military Dog Reunited With Soldier 5 Years Later
- Water Woes Leave Hood County Residents Heated
- Baylor Ordered To Provide Sex Assault Reports Dating To 2003
- Russia Sanctions Bill Heads To Trump After Senate’s Approval
- Some Frisco Residents Like State Bill Banning Forced Annexations