HTC Makes Windows Version Of Flagship One Phone
NEW YORK (AP) – HTC will start making a version of its flagship HTC One phone with Microsoft’s Windows software inside.
HTC says it developed the new model at the request of Microsoft, which has been trying to boost its Windows Phone system. The company will continue to make an Android version of the One, as well as other Android phones.
The Android version of HTC One is called M8, while the Windows version will be called M8 for Windows. The two look identical on the outside, except for a Windows Phone logo. Both sport metal exteriors and have screens measuring 5 inches diagonally.
The Windows phone will be available starting Tuesday through Verizon Wireless for $100 with a two-year contract and $600 without one.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mavs Look For Repeat Performance In San Antonio
- State Jobless Rate Drops For 6th Straight Month
- BMW Recalls Nearly 49K Motorcycles With Rear-Wheel Problem
- Senate’s Harry Reid Announces He Won’t Seek Re-Election
- GameStop Reports Q4 Drop In Sales