Former President George W. Bush Takes ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine (AP) – Former President George W. Bush took the ice bucket challenge then nominated former President Bill Clinton to do it next.
The challenge has caught on with notable figures participating in the campaign to raise money for the fight against ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease.
In a video posted Wednesday on Bush’s Facebook page, he says: “To you all who challenged me, I do not think it’s presidential for me to be splashed with ice water, so I’m simply going to write you a check.”
The video, taken in Kennebunkport, Maine, then shows a smiling Laura Bush dousing him. She says: “That check is from me — I didn’t want to ruin my hairstyle.”
Also in Maine this week, author Stephen King took the challenge, and then challenged John Grisham.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Diahann Carroll Honored By TBAAL For Work
- TCU Security Guard Arrested For Improper Photography
- More Than 300 Birds Seized From Alleged Cock Fighting Operation
- Johnson Co. Residents Clean Up After Storm Hits
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston