KENNEBUNKPORT, Maine (AP) – Former President George W. Bush took the ice bucket challenge then nominated former President Bill Clinton to do it next.
The challenge has caught on with notable figures participating in the campaign to raise money for the fight against ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease.
In a video posted Wednesday on Bush’s Facebook page, he says: “To you all who challenged me, I do not think it’s presidential for me to be splashed with ice water, so I’m simply going to write you a check.”
The video, taken in Kennebunkport, Maine, then shows a smiling Laura Bush dousing him. She says: “That check is from me — I didn’t want to ruin my hairstyle.”
Also in Maine this week, author Stephen King took the challenge, and then challenged John Grisham.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Police Identify Suspect Vehicle In Murder Investigation
- 10-Year-Old Taken To Hospital After Near-Drowning
- At Least 7 Stabbed At Protest Outside California Capitol
- North Texans Remember Garland and Rowlett Tornadoes
- Tony Stewart Snaps 84-Race Drought With Win At Sonoma