‘Most Wanted’ Sex Offender Caught In Ennis
AUSTIN (AP) – A convicted felon on the Department of Public Safety 10 Most Wanted sex offender list has been caught in North Texas.
DPS on Tuesday announced 28-year-old Ezekiel O’Neal Harris was captured at an apartment complex in Ennis, 30 miles south of Dallas.
A tip led to Harris on Aug. 13. He was wanted for failure to comply with sex offender registration requirements.
Harris in 2004 was convicted of sexual assault over an incident in Brenham with a 12-year-old girl. He received 10 years of probation but violated the restrictions, failed to comply with sex offender registration requirements and went to prison.
Harris in April 2013 was freed and moved to Bryan but failed to report of change of address and a warrant was issued.
The tipster gets a $3,000 reward.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Couple Thanks CBS11 Viewers For Helping Pay For Headstones
- Property Values Way Up In North Texas
- Sudden Controversy Over Names Of Two Dallas Schools
- Humane Society Over Capacity With Animals Displaced By Storms
- Abbott Signs Pre-K Boost, But Work Remains For Republicans