DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) -Thursday morning Dallas officers fired at a suspect after he shot in their direction.
Dallas Police say just before midnight two officers patrolled The Grande Hotel’s, on the north side of LBJ and Coit road, parking lot.
Terence Groessel, 52, was sitting in a truck in that lot with the engine still running.
That’s when officers approached the vehicle. Then a gun shot.
Police say Groessel shot his gun at police.
Dallas Police say both officers immediately retreated to their squad car and begin firing their weapons at Groessel. Groessel then shot himself.
Right now Groessel’s death is being ruled a death by suicide.
Dallas police say that The Grande Hotel operates as a temporary and affordable housing for dozens of Dallas residents.
It is also known as a hot spot for crime.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Officer Hospitalized After Vehicle Crashes Into Patrol Car
- Authorities Investigating Shooting At Dallas Police Substation
- Fort Worth Native, Actor Bill Paxton Dies At 61
- Noel Makes Debut; Mavericks Defeat Pelicans 96-83
- 2 Sisters Meet Each Other For The First Time