DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) -Thursday morning Dallas officers fired at a suspect after he shot in their direction.
Dallas Police say just before midnight two officers patrolled The Grande Hotel’s, on the north side of LBJ and Coit road, parking lot.
Terence Groessel, 52, was sitting in a truck in that lot with the engine still running.
That’s when officers approached the vehicle. Then a gun shot.
Police say Groessel shot his gun at police.
Dallas Police say both officers immediately retreated to their squad car and begin firing their weapons at Groessel. Groessel then shot himself.
Right now Groessel’s death is being ruled a death by suicide.
Dallas police say that The Grande Hotel operates as a temporary and affordable housing for dozens of Dallas residents.
It is also known as a hot spot for crime.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Elementary School Not Finished For 1st Day, Parents Upset
- Meet The North Texas Teacher Who Cancelled Homework
- Trump Ends Texas Trip With Rally In Austin Tonight
- Man Admits Using KiK App For Child Porn; Gets 60 Month Sentence
- Machete-Wielding Robbery Suspect Wanted In Several North Texas Cities