Suspect In Police Shooting Not Killed By Police Bullets
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) -Thursday morning Dallas officers fired at a suspect after he shot in their direction.
Dallas Police say just before midnight two officers patrolled The Grande Hotel’s, on the north side of LBJ and Coit road, parking lot.
Terence Groessel, 52, was sitting in a truck in that lot with the engine still running.
That’s when officers approached the vehicle. Then a gun shot.
Police say Groessel shot his gun at police.
Dallas Police say both officers immediately retreated to their squad car and begin firing their weapons at Groessel. Groessel then shot himself.
Right now Groessel’s death is being ruled a death by suicide.
Dallas police say that The Grande Hotel operates as a temporary and affordable housing for dozens of Dallas residents.
It is also known as a hot spot for crime.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Officials: Teen Arrested After Patrol Car Set Afire In Texas
- GOP Hopeful Ted Cruz To Visit Tupelo, Olive Branch Aug. 11
- ‘Mission: Impossible’ Climbs To No. 1, ‘Vacation’ Is A Bust
- Hamilton Homers, Perez Wins As Rangers Edge Giants 2-1
- Police Investigating Drowning Death Of Dallas Two-Year-Old