Ford Recalling More Than 160,000 Vehicles
DETROIT, MI (AP) – Ford is recalling more than 160,000 vehicles in North America for two safety issues.
The largest recall involves 159,395 Focus ST and Escape vehicles from the 2013 and 2014 model years. Ford says their engines could hesitate or stall because of a wiring problem.
Ford also is recalling 616 Focus and C-Max cars made earlier this month because their steering gears don’t have the proper number of ball bearings. That can potentially degrade the remaining ball bearings and lead to a loss of steering control.
Ford says there have been no accidents or injuries related to either recall. The 616 cars are still at dealerships and haven’t been sold.
Ford Motor Co. will notify customers and repair the vehicles for free.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Second Night Weather Headlines ACM Show
- How Stars Spent The Day Before The ACMs
- Watauga PD Arrest Attempted Kidnapping Suspect
- Former Ranger, Josh Hamilton, Files For Divorce In Tarrant County
- Blue Bell Working To Get Past Listeria Contamination Scare