Serena Performs Karaoke In NYC
NEW YORK (AP) – Serena Williams replaced her tennis racket with a microphone at a karaoke event a week ahead of the U.S. Open.
The top-ranked athlete performed “Diamonds Are a Girl’s Best Friend” on Wednesday night at Arena in New York City. She danced and swayed her hips in a mini dress as she sang the song in falsetto and attempted high notes.
Williams told the crowd before she began: “I’m really nervous.”
She was joined by fellow tennis player Jack Sock, “Orange Is the New Black” stars Laverne Cox and Uzo Aduba, “Glee” actor Darren Criss and comedian Kathy Griffin at the event for Delta Airlines.
Williams is seeded No. 1 as she seeks her third straight U.S. Open title. She said winning is “super important,” but added that there’s “no pressure.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Abbott: No Decision Yet On Obama Immigration Suit
- Former TCU Student Sentenced For Ty Boone Pickens IV’s Death
- DPS Troopers Out In Force During Thanksgiving Holiday
- Manslaughter Conviction Overturned, Attorney Says Faulty GM Part Is To Blame
- Mavs Look To Get Back On Track Against Undermanned Pacers