FORT WORTH (AP) – American Airlines says it will extend its fee for unaccompanied minors to charge $150 extra each way for children between 5 and 14.
The change starts Sept. 3. Currently, American charges a fee on top of the regular fare for unaccompanied minors between 5 and 11.
The airline announced the change Thursday in an employee publication.
American says extending the fee to more youths will ensure the safest possible travel for them and match the policy at US Airways. The two merged in December to form American Airlines Group Inc.
United Airlines charges $150 each way for minors 5 to 11; Delta charges $100 each way for those 5 to 14; at Southwest it’s $50 each way for kids 5 to 11.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Boil-Water Alerts On The Rise In Texas
- Fatal Motorcycle Crash In Rockwall Under Investigation
- Dallas Police Investigate Capital Murder At Hotel
- Court Blocks Texas Execution Set For This Week
- Cowboys To Stick With Kids At DE Rather Than Freeney