Manziel Fined $12,000 For Middle Finger
CLEVELAND (AP) – A person familiar with the penalty says Browns rookie quarterback Johnny Manziel has been fined $12,000 by the NFL for flipping his middle finger at Washington’s sideline.
The person spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity on Friday because the ruling has not been made public.
Manziel said he was reacting to taunting by the Redskins during Monday night’s nationally televised game. The action didn’t help his chances to win Cleveland’s starting job, which went to veteran Brian Hoyer. Manziel says he has to be “smarter” on the field.
Browns coach Mike Pettine was “extremely disappointed” by Manziel’s conduct and said the 21-year-old’s on-field behavior factored into the team’s decision in naming a starter.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- $5,000 Reward Offered For Information On Cat Burning
- Father And Son Recovering After Dune Buggy Hits Bull
- Injured Rio Vista HS Football Player Joins Team On Sideline
- 2 Found Dead In Wendy’s Parking Lot
- 94-Year-Old Shows Adrenaline Knows No Age Limit