NASCAR Chase Outsiders Not Leaving Anything To Chance
BRISTOL, Tenn. (AP) – Matt Kenseth says he’s not feeling locked into NASCAR’s championship Chase until he’s really locked in.
Greg Biffle would make it if the season ended now, but thinks he has to win one of the next three races to be sure.
The group of drivers battling for the last four spots ranges from Kenseth, the 2003 champion, to rookies Austin Dillon and Kyle Larson, who are two points apart and no worse than 24 points behind Biffle for the 16th and final spot in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
Two of the venues remaining in the regular season could make things even more dicey. After Saturday night’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway, the series moves to Atlanta and finished the regular season at Richmond in two weeks.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Woman Shoots Husband During Argument
- Five Great College Basketball Games Left This Season
- Nina Pham To Sue Texas Presbyterian
- Two Dead After SUV Goes Into Icy Fort Work Creek
- Cedar Hill PD Does Spot On Mathew McConaughey Parody