BRISTOL, Tenn. (AP) – Matt Kenseth says he’s not feeling locked into NASCAR’s championship Chase until he’s really locked in.
Greg Biffle would make it if the season ended now, but thinks he has to win one of the next three races to be sure.
The group of drivers battling for the last four spots ranges from Kenseth, the 2003 champion, to rookies Austin Dillon and Kyle Larson, who are two points apart and no worse than 24 points behind Biffle for the 16th and final spot in the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship.
Two of the venues remaining in the regular season could make things even more dicey. After Saturday night’s race at Bristol Motor Speedway, the series moves to Atlanta and finished the regular season at Richmond in two weeks.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Flower Mound Police Seek Help Identifying Suspect For Failing To Render Aid
- New At DFW Airport: Therapy Dogs
- A&M Student Hit Police Car After Taking Topless Snapchat Pic For Boyfriend
- Suspect Arrested In Destruction Of Trump’s Star
- Apple Updates MacBook Pro With Keyboard Touch Bar