DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Mavericks are closing in on a one-year deal to bring back veteran center Bernard James, according to a report.
Marc Stein reports the one-year deal would be worth the veteran’s minimum.
Dallas received James, better known as ‘Sarge’, in a draft day deal with Cleveland in 2012.
The 29-year-old has spent his entire career in Dallas, appearing in 76 games (11 starts) and averaging 2.1 points and 2.3 rebounds in 7.9 minutes.
The 6-foot-10, 240 pound James joins Tyson Chandler, Brandan Wright, and recently acquired Greg Smith as centers on the roster.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Stranger Who Donated Kidney Meets Recipient
- DART Sees 60 Percent Increase In Aggravated Assaults In Last 2 Years
- North Texas Family Dealing With Loss Of 3 Loved Ones To Crash
- Recycling Facility Fire Expected To Burn Into Tuesday Morning
- Unforgettable Marathon Finish In Dallas