Report: Mavs Finalizing Deal To Bring Back Bernard James
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Dallas Mavericks are closing in on a one-year deal to bring back veteran center Bernard James, according to a report.
Marc Stein reports the one-year deal would be worth the veteran’s minimum.
Dallas received James, better known as ‘Sarge’, in a draft day deal with Cleveland in 2012.
The 29-year-old has spent his entire career in Dallas, appearing in 76 games (11 starts) and averaging 2.1 points and 2.3 rebounds in 7.9 minutes.
The 6-foot-10, 240 pound James joins Tyson Chandler, Brandan Wright, and recently acquired Greg Smith as centers on the roster.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Sceviour’s Shootout Goal Lifts Stars Over Panthers 4-3
- Six Flags Hurricane Harbor Hosts Annual Job Fair
- Rick Perry’s Supporters Launch Super PAC
- Best Team Fits For The Top 25 NFL Free Agents [20-25]
- Homes Evacuated After Gas Leak In White Settlement