DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — A Southwest Airlines passenger plane made a successful emergency landing on Friday at Dallas Love Field Airport after suffering a blown tire on take-off.
The Boeing 737 was forced to circle the airport as air traffic control and ground personnel visually inspected the plane for damage.
The plane landed without incident. Crews worked on the tarmac to repair the damaged tire. The aircraft will then be towed to a gate.
The 125 passengers who were on the Austin-bound flight will be moved to another aircraft.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Unemployment Rate Improves To 4.3 Percent, Same As US
- Body Of Missing Fisherman Recovered From Trinity River
- Dallas Woman In ID Thefts Gets 10 years In Nigeria Cars Scam
- Which NFL Team’s Fans Are The ‘Least Dateable’?
- Terrell ISD Builds Treehouse Inside Elementary School