CANYON, Texas (AP) — Former Northwestern running back Venric Mark says he is transferring to West Texas A&M.
ESPN reported Saturday that Ward wanted to be closer to his mother.
He was going to be suspended for some of this season for an unspecified violation of team rules.
Mark told ESPN he had interest in Football Bowl Subdivision teams, including Baylor, Houston, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and Kansas.
He said they were willing to apply for an NCAA waiver so he could play this season. But he didn’t want to take a chance with his last year of eligibility.
West Texas A&M is a Football Championship Subdivision team in Canyon, Texas, about 20 miles south of Amarillo.
Mark missed much of last season with injuries. The NCAA gave him an extra year of eligibility.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth ISD Superintendent Recommends New Elementary School
- Stars Release 2017-2018 Schedule
- Uptown Target Attack Victim Sues The Retail Giant
- Dallas County Reports First Imported Case Of Dengue
- Fort Worth Zoo Welcomes Another New Baby Giraffe