PHOENIX (CBSDFW.COM) – An American Airlines plane was diverted to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport due to security issues Sunday.
American Airlines Flight 362 was on its way from Dallas to San Diego when it landed in Phoenix just before noon.
“It diverted to Phoenix due to a security related issue,” said American Airlines spokeswoman Michelle Mohr. “And the flight was met by authorities.”
Mohr and airport officials declined to comment on the security issue and referred inquiries to the FBI.
John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment was on the flight. No other details were immediately available.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police Chase Goes Through Four North Texas Counties, Ends In Waco
- Video May Identify Texas A&M University Students Accused Of Yelling Racist Slurs
- Fake Online Florists Causing Problems For Legitimate Businesses, Customers
- 12-Year-Old Pens Uplifting Essay A Day Before She Dies
- Dallas Police Officer Celebrated For Calm Under Fire