PHOENIX (CBSDFW.COM) – An American Airlines plane was diverted to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport due to security issues Sunday.
American Airlines Flight 362 was on its way from Dallas to San Diego when it landed in Phoenix just before noon.
“It diverted to Phoenix due to a security related issue,” said American Airlines spokeswoman Michelle Mohr. “And the flight was met by authorities.”
Mohr and airport officials declined to comment on the security issue and referred inquiries to the FBI.
John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment was on the flight. No other details were immediately available.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Major Flooding In Granbury; Stay Off Roads!
- Affidavit: Man Accused Of Killing Girlfriend Describes Botched Double Suicide
- Keidel: Don’t Underestimate The Warriors Like I Did
- Bautista On Odor Punch: ‘He Was Looking For A Fight’
- Cleveland Says It’s Ready To Rock With GOP Convention