PHOENIX (CBSDFW.COM) – An American Airlines plane was diverted to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport due to security issues Sunday.
American Airlines Flight 362 was on its way from Dallas to San Diego when it landed in Phoenix just before noon.
“It diverted to Phoenix due to a security related issue,” said American Airlines spokeswoman Michelle Mohr. “And the flight was met by authorities.”
Mohr and airport officials declined to comment on the security issue and referred inquiries to the FBI.
John Smedley, president of Sony Online Entertainment was on the flight. No other details were immediately available.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Stars Win 2-1 In Shootout Over Rangers
- Patriots Win Streak Ends With 27-20 Loss At Dolphins
- Texas Man Arrested On Charges Of Trying To Aid Islamic State
- Following NYC Subway Bombing, Trump Slams ‘Chain Migration’
- Turbulent Senate Race Now In Hands Of Alabama Voters