HOUSTON (AP) — Federal officials at a Houston airport found several ounces of cocaine inside tamales being carried by a man from El Salvador.
A release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection obtained Sunday states that officers found 7 ounces of cocaine after selecting the 46-year-old man for additional screening at George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
They found a box with 200 tamales inside and discovered nine separate bags of a white substance inside some of the tamales last week. The man, who was traveling to New York, had not disclosed the tamales on his traveler’s declaration.
The substance tested positive for cocaine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Experts Say Ideology Tops Facts In Texas History Curriculum
- Gas Prices Across Texas & The Nation Continue To Drop
- Millennials Merging Avocado Obsession With Marriage Proposals
- Roman Reigns On Racial Equality In WWE, Brock Lesnar WrestleMania Rumors
- Arrest Made In Shooting Death Of Dallas Postal Worker