HOUSTON (AP) — Federal officials at a Houston airport found several ounces of cocaine inside tamales being carried by a man from El Salvador.
A release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection obtained Sunday states that officers found 7 ounces of cocaine after selecting the 46-year-old man for additional screening at George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
They found a box with 200 tamales inside and discovered nine separate bags of a white substance inside some of the tamales last week. The man, who was traveling to New York, had not disclosed the tamales on his traveler’s declaration.
The substance tested positive for cocaine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Elementary School Not Finished For 1st Day, Parents Upset
- Meet The North Texas Teacher Who Cancelled Homework
- Trump Ends Texas Trip With Rally In Austin Tonight
- Man Admits Using KiK App For Child Porn; Gets 60 Month Sentence
- Machete-Wielding Robbery Suspect Wanted In Several North Texas Cities