HOUSTON (AP) — Federal officials at a Houston airport found several ounces of cocaine inside tamales being carried by a man from El Salvador.
A release from U.S. Customs and Border Protection obtained Sunday states that officers found 7 ounces of cocaine after selecting the 46-year-old man for additional screening at George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
They found a box with 200 tamales inside and discovered nine separate bags of a white substance inside some of the tamales last week. The man, who was traveling to New York, had not disclosed the tamales on his traveler’s declaration.
The substance tested positive for cocaine.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- North Texas Man Held In Wichita Falls Double Murder
- NY Giants Release Kicker Josh Brown After Abuse Admissions
- Justin Timberlake Can’t Stop The Need To Take A Selfie
- Parkland Named One Of The Greenest Hospitals In America
- Fan Dies After Falling While Leaving Broncos Football Game