American Goalkeeper Tim Howard Has Book Deal
NEW YORK (AP) — American soccer hero and international celebrity Tim Howard has advanced to the next round of fame: a book deal.
Howard has penned a memoir that will be published Dec. 9 by HarperCollins Publishers. The publisher said Monday that “The Goalkeeper” will be available in adult and young adult editions.
In a statement issued through HarperCollins, the 35-year-old Howard says he was eager to share the highs and lows of his life and career, including his battles with Tourette’s Syndrome, and hopes to inspire others.
World Cup fans were dazzled this summer by Howard’s record-setting 16 saves in the Americans’ 2-1 loss in extra time to Belgium in the second round. He recently agreed to a multiyear deal to serve as a commentator for NBC Sports Group.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Boxing Analyst Steve Farhood: ‘I’d Put Floyd Between Top Ten And 15 All Time’
- Fort Worth Police Looking For Man Who Assaulted Woman
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: August 24th-August 28th
- Flower Mound Police Catch Accused Belk’s Burglars In The Act
- NCAA Football Preview: Will TCU Win It’s First Outright Big 12 Title?