MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Buffalo Wild Wings has made a majority investment in Rusty Taco, seeking to help the chain grow throughout the country.
Dallas-based Rusty Taco Inc. specializes in freshly made tacos. The privately held company has nine restaurants in the Dallas, Denver and Minneapolis/St. Paul areas.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
This isn’t the first time Buffalo Wild Wings Inc. has made an investment in another restaurant operator. The Minneapolis company previously made a minority investment in artisanal pizza company PizzaRev. Kathy Benning, Buffalo Wild Wings’ executive vice president, chief strategy officer and new business development, said in a statement on Monday that the company is actively looking to make more investments to help build up its brand portfolio.
Buffalo Wild Wings currently has more than 1,030 of its restaurants in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Its stock gained $1.14 to $145.44 in morning trading.
Rusty Taco has three locations in Dallas, one restaurant in Denton and another in Plano.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Former Bait Dogs Rescued, Returned To Rightful Owners
- Downtown Dallas Restaurants Show Police Appreciation With Free Food
- Facebook Fashion Fail: Deceptive Ads On Feeds Not Worth It
- Forget Romance: Many Trying To Catch Partners Cheating On Valentine’s Day
- Family Forced Out After Gas Explosion In Their Lakewood Home