Buffalo Wild Wings Invests In Rusty Taco
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Buffalo Wild Wings has made a majority investment in Rusty Taco, seeking to help the chain grow throughout the country.
Dallas-based Rusty Taco Inc. specializes in freshly made tacos. The privately held company has nine restaurants in the Dallas, Denver and Minneapolis/St. Paul areas.
Financial terms were not disclosed.
This isn’t the first time Buffalo Wild Wings Inc. has made an investment in another restaurant operator. The Minneapolis company previously made a minority investment in artisanal pizza company PizzaRev. Kathy Benning, Buffalo Wild Wings’ executive vice president, chief strategy officer and new business development, said in a statement on Monday that the company is actively looking to make more investments to help build up its brand portfolio.
Buffalo Wild Wings currently has more than 1,030 of its restaurants in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Its stock gained $1.14 to $145.44 in morning trading.
Rusty Taco has three locations in Dallas, one restaurant in Denton and another in Plano.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Sunnyvale’s ‘Critter Getter’ Now Has His Own Song
- Pilar Sanders Back In Court; Says Deon Violated Custody Orders
- Texas Records 4th Death This Year Linked To West Nile Virus
- School Districts Considering Carbon Monoxide Detectors After Leak At DISD School
- Police Officer Shoots & Kills Suspect In South Dallas