IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Cowboys have released defensive end Martez Wilson and rookie fullback J.C. Copeland as the team works to trim its roster to the league-mandated 75 players by Tuesday.
Wilson, a 4th-year player our of Illinois, collected two tackles and a sack in Saturday’s preseason game in Miami. Wilson joined Dallas last season and appeared in two games.
Copeland, an undrafted rookie from LSU, was battling FB Tyler Clutts for a possible roster spot.
The moves were first reported by DallasCowboys.com.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Trapped Girl Becomes Symbol For Mexico Quake Rescuers
- Never Say Never: Shania Twain Finds New Voice After Illness
- NCIS Investigating Corpsmen Who Called Babies ‘Mini Satans’
- Parents On Alert After Kids Approached In Hurst & Grapevine
- Report: Hackers Snooping Inside Equifax Since March