Cowboys Cut DE Wilson, FB Copeland
IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Cowboys have released defensive end Martez Wilson and rookie fullback J.C. Copeland as the team works to trim its roster to the league-mandated 75 players by Tuesday.
Wilson, a 4th-year player our of Illinois, collected two tackles and a sack in Saturday’s preseason game in Miami. Wilson joined Dallas last season and appeared in two games.
Copeland, an undrafted rookie from LSU, was battling FB Tyler Clutts for a possible roster spot.
The moves were first reported by DallasCowboys.com.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rangers Mailbag: Rua At Second?
- GOP White House Campaigns Star Clinton
- Senate Adopts Budget Targeting ‘Obamacare’
- Prisoner Escapes From Rowlett Hospital
- Big 12’s Bowlsby Backs Off Title Game Talk