IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Cowboys have released defensive end Martez Wilson and rookie fullback J.C. Copeland as the team works to trim its roster to the league-mandated 75 players by Tuesday.
Wilson, a 4th-year player our of Illinois, collected two tackles and a sack in Saturday’s preseason game in Miami. Wilson joined Dallas last season and appeared in two games.
Copeland, an undrafted rookie from LSU, was battling FB Tyler Clutts for a possible roster spot.
The moves were first reported by DallasCowboys.com.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Gas Prices Across Texas & Nationwide Drop 3 Cents This Week
- Braves Stripped Of 13 Prospects, Former GM Coppolella Banned For Life
- No. 25 Alabama Squeaks By UT-Arlington 77-76
- McClure Helps No. 22 Baylor Rally Past Creighton, 65-59
- Garland Black Friday Shopper Has Been In Front Of Best Buy For Days