IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Cowboys have released defensive end Martez Wilson and rookie fullback J.C. Copeland as the team works to trim its roster to the league-mandated 75 players by Tuesday.
Wilson, a 4th-year player our of Illinois, collected two tackles and a sack in Saturday’s preseason game in Miami. Wilson joined Dallas last season and appeared in two games.
Copeland, an undrafted rookie from LSU, was battling FB Tyler Clutts for a possible roster spot.
The moves were first reported by DallasCowboys.com.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Palo Pinto County Sheriff Indicted For Alleged Misuse Of Tape Recorder
- Texas Live! Construction In Arlington Starts Next Week
- Judge Refuses To Remove Prosecutor In Waco Biker Shootings
- Emergency Crews Save A Pair Of Pets From An Apartment Fire
- Thieves Take Selfies With Stolen Phones; Photos Automatically Sent To Victim’s Computer