IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Cowboys have released defensive end Martez Wilson and rookie fullback J.C. Copeland as the team works to trim its roster to the league-mandated 75 players by Tuesday.
Wilson, a 4th-year player our of Illinois, collected two tackles and a sack in Saturday’s preseason game in Miami. Wilson joined Dallas last season and appeared in two games.
Copeland, an undrafted rookie from LSU, was battling FB Tyler Clutts for a possible roster spot.
The moves were first reported by DallasCowboys.com.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Neighbors Try To Return 80-Year-Old Veteran To Home He Was Evicted From
- Video Showing Hundreds Packed Into Deep Ellum Street Raises Concerns
- First Lady: Kindness And Compassion Are Important In Life
- Body of Missing Boy With Autism Found In Kaufman County
- Fraternal Twins Named Co-Valedictorians, Set To Head To MIT Together