IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Cowboys have released defensive end Martez Wilson and rookie fullback J.C. Copeland as the team works to trim its roster to the league-mandated 75 players by Tuesday.
Wilson, a 4th-year player our of Illinois, collected two tackles and a sack in Saturday’s preseason game in Miami. Wilson joined Dallas last season and appeared in two games.
Copeland, an undrafted rookie from LSU, was battling FB Tyler Clutts for a possible roster spot.
The moves were first reported by DallasCowboys.com.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Man Charged With Killing His Brother Over A Cell Phone
- Customers Claim Major Financial Giants Lured Them Into Money Loss
- Poultry Mogul Bo Pilgrim Dies At 89
- Truck Driver Could Face Death Penalty In Deadly Human Smuggling Case
- Mammoth Remains Uncovered In Parker County