DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A 24-year-old Dallas woman will spend more than seven years in federal prison for forcing a teenage girl to engage in sexual acts in exchange for a place to live.
Erin Patton pleaded guilty to child sex trafficking, along with her gang member boyfriend, Keith Williams, for repeatedly forcing a 14-year-old runaway girl to engage in sex for sale.
The teen met Patton in September 2012, according to documents filed in the case. Patton provided the teen a phone so she could post advertisements online and drove the teen to the locations where the sex acts occurred.
On two more occasions, in November 2012 and April 2013, the teen called Patton again. In those cases, both Patton and Williams forced her to engage in sex acts to earn money.
Police picked up the now 15-year-old girl in May 2013, in an area known for prostitution. Police arrested Williams when he showed up to pick her up. He admitted he knew she was 15 years old and would collect money from her “dates.”
Williams will be sentenced in September. He is facing a maximum sentence of life in federal prison.
When she is released, Patton will be forced to register as a sex offender.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police Officers Drop The Puck To Raise Money For Child Fighting Terminal Disease
- School Threats Increasing In North Texas Since Florida School Shooting
- Dallas Mayor Calls Out Judges To Do Better Job At Taking Away Abuser’s Guns
- Nearly 2 Dozen Homes Flooded Near Rockwall Lake
- Dez Bryant: I Promise You I’m Going To Shut A Lot Of People Up