Garland Man Killed In Arkansas Shooting
MAGNOLIA, Ark. (AP) - Authorities say a Southern Arkansas University football player and another man have died in a shooting near Magnolia, Arkansas.
Athletic Director Steve Browning says senior Brandon Hobdy was fatally shot early Sunday. The 23-year-old from Garland, Texas, played wide receiver for the Muleriders.
The Columbia County Sheriff’s Department says 24-year-old Wayne Payton was also fatally shot outside the Veterans of Foreign Wars building. Payton was a former student.
University officials say the event the men attended at the VFW was not affiliated with the university.
Authorities are investigating what led to the shooting. No arrests have been reported.
The university held a candlelight vigil for the men Sunday night.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Passenger Blames American Airlines For Wife’s Death
- Movement Underway To Raise Texas Daycare Standards
- Denton County Jail Denies Inmates In-Person Visits
- Monster Truck Theft Leads Police To Auto Theft Ring
- Pothole Problems Will Get Worse Before They Get Better