DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas police shot and killed a man, who fired a gun at his girlfriend and kidnapped their two kids, according to authorities.
Police say it started around 7:45 a.m., when the suspect rammed his pickup truck into his girlfriend’s car before taking the children to his mother’s home.
When police were called to respond, the suspect led them on a chase, which started near I-35E and Riverfront and ended with a crash in the Pleasant Grove area, near Lake June and St. Augustine, shortly before 11 am.
The suspect was behind the wheel of a green pickup truck, which appears to have hit the side of a white minivan. He was shot as he fled his truck on foot, running toward a nearby business.
Police are gathering witness reports on the ground and processing the scene. Officials say more information will be released when it is confirmed.
Police have identified the suspect as Steven Douglas.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Chronic Stress Linked To A Bigger Waistline In New Study
- Reports: MRI On Hamilton’s Knee Comes Back Clean
- Roy Talks To Legendary NHL Player, NBC Analyst Jeremy Roenick
- ‘Extremely Critical’ Wildfire Alert In Texas, 2 Other States
- Opening Statements In The Corruption Trial Of John Wiley Price