Power Saw Blade Impales Texas Construction Worker
HOUSTON, Texas (AP) – A Houston construction worker has been hospitalized after he was impaled in the chest by a circular blade that became detached from a power saw.
Houston fire spokesman Kenyatta Parker says the man was still conscious Monday morning when he was transported to a hospital with at least part of the blade still embedded in his body.
Parker says firefighters responded to an emergency call that a man had been hurt while working atop a building near The Galleria, a popular shopping center.
Parker says the unidentified man was using a saw that construction workers often use to cut through metal or concrete. He says such a blade can become dislodged if it isn’t tightly secured while cutting a hard material.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Surprise Cut Short By Scissors In Birthday Cake
- Fort Worth Officials Address Long Police Response Times
- After 117 Years, Vincent’s Seafood Will Close
- Colleyville Residents Divided By Small 2-Lane Road
- Denton May Reduce Distance Between Gas Wells & Homes