Power Saw Blade Impales Texas Construction Worker
HOUSTON, Texas (AP) – A Houston construction worker has been hospitalized after he was impaled in the chest by a circular blade that became detached from a power saw.
Houston fire spokesman Kenyatta Parker says the man was still conscious Monday morning when he was transported to a hospital with at least part of the blade still embedded in his body.
Parker says firefighters responded to an emergency call that a man had been hurt while working atop a building near The Galleria, a popular shopping center.
Parker says the unidentified man was using a saw that construction workers often use to cut through metal or concrete. He says such a blade can become dislodged if it isn’t tightly secured while cutting a hard material.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Airports Prep For Holiday Parking
- Sales For Holiday Shopping Season Come Down To The Wire
- Texas State Parks Draw New Year’s Hikers, Visitors
- Rick Perry To Attend Conservative Summit In Iowa
- Two People Hit, Killed By SUV In Fort Worth