NEW YORK (AP) – A nearly flawless copy of Superman’s comic-book debut has sold for a super-powered price: $3.2 million.
New York comics dealers Stephen Fishler and Vincent Zurzolo said Monday they submitted Sunday’s record-setting bid in the eBay auction for Action Comics No. 1. That’s the 1938 book in which the superhero first appeared.
It’s believed to be the highest price ever paid for a comic book.
EBay confirmed the price but hasn’t disclosed the buyer’s name. Seller Darren Adams is a collectibles dealer in Federal Way, Washington.
Fishler and Zurzolo own ComicConnect.com. It auctioned a high-quality copy of the book in 2011 for a then-record $2.1 million.
About 100 copies are believed to exist. Fishler doesn’t have plans for his pricey copy, but he says the opportunity was too good to miss.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arlington Neighborhood Bands Together To Stop Reckless Driver
- Students Come Up With Ways To Solve North Texas Traffic
- Plano Islamic Center Opens Doors To Public
- Former US Gymnasts Come Forward, Claim Abuse By Doctor
- Hunters Charged In Texas Shooting Had Blamed Illegal Immigrants