NEW YORK (AP) – A nearly flawless copy of Superman’s comic-book debut has sold for a super-powered price: $3.2 million.
New York comics dealers Stephen Fishler and Vincent Zurzolo said Monday they submitted Sunday’s record-setting bid in the eBay auction for Action Comics No. 1. That’s the 1938 book in which the superhero first appeared.
It’s believed to be the highest price ever paid for a comic book.
EBay confirmed the price but hasn’t disclosed the buyer’s name. Seller Darren Adams is a collectibles dealer in Federal Way, Washington.
Fishler and Zurzolo own ComicConnect.com. It auctioned a high-quality copy of the book in 2011 for a then-record $2.1 million.
About 100 copies are believed to exist. Fishler doesn’t have plans for his pricey copy, but he says the opportunity was too good to miss.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shooting At Dallas Club Leaves One Dead
- Ohio Zoo Kills Gorilla To Protect Child In Enclosure
- Spieth Third-Round Leader At Colonial
- Boy Swept Away In Brazos River, Water Rescue Underway
- Four Dead, Two Missing After Heavy Rains In Texas, Kansas