DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Big Tex is getting some new duds.
One month before opening day for the State Fair of Texas, his huge new shirt and traditional blue jeans, both designed by Dickies, were put on display.
The outfit for the 55-foot cowboy is so large, the items had to be laid flat on the Cotton Bowl field, with pictures taken by Chopper 11.
Big Tex’s brand new navy blue shirt with red trim and white stars is his second new look in as many years.
Big Tex’s new shirt will “further enhance his Texan spirit,” according to officials, as this year’s fair aims to celebrate the state’s heritage.
This year’s theme for the State Fair is “Deep in the Heart of Texans,” and runs from September 26 through October 19.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Stars Fall To Capitals In Overtime 4-3
- New Wave Of Sightings Marks Ongoing Effort To Capture Plano’s Stray Dogs
- British Prime Minister Theresa May To Visit Trump Friday
- Many Arrested Inauguration Day Protesters Will Face Felony Rioting Charges, Prosecutors Say
- Community Welcomes Home Wylie Football Player Who Had Stroke