DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Big Tex is getting some new duds.
One month before opening day for the State Fair of Texas, his huge new shirt and traditional blue jeans, both designed by Dickies, were put on display.
The outfit for the 55-foot cowboy is so large, the items had to be laid flat on the Cotton Bowl field, with pictures taken by Chopper 11.
Big Tex’s brand new navy blue shirt with red trim and white stars is his second new look in as many years.
Big Tex’s new shirt will “further enhance his Texan spirit,” according to officials, as this year’s fair aims to celebrate the state’s heritage.
This year’s theme for the State Fair is “Deep in the Heart of Texans,” and runs from September 26 through October 19.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Warehouse Collapses After Plastic Containers Catch Fire
- 100 Days In, Trumps Says He’s Brought About ‘Profound Change’
- Cowboys Stick With Draft Plan In Search For Defensive Star
- 5 Dead, Dozens Injured After Tornado Rips Through Van Zandt County
- Fort Worth Police Respond To Active Shooting; 1 In Custody