DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Big Tex is getting some new duds.
One month before opening day for the State Fair of Texas, his huge new shirt and traditional blue jeans, both designed by Dickies, were put on display.
The outfit for the 55-foot cowboy is so large, the items had to be laid flat on the Cotton Bowl field, with pictures taken by Chopper 11.
Big Tex’s brand new navy blue shirt with red trim and white stars is his second new look in as many years.
Big Tex’s new shirt will “further enhance his Texan spirit,” according to officials, as this year’s fair aims to celebrate the state’s heritage.
This year’s theme for the State Fair is “Deep in the Heart of Texans,” and runs from September 26 through October 19.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Father Says Pre-Paid Debit Card Company Targeted Son
- At Least 16 Likely Dead In Lockhart Hot Air Balloon Crash
- Silent March Ends Without Incident
- DPD Cops Investigated After Controversial Podcast Night Of Ambush
- Courts Strike Blows To GOP Voter Restrictions In 3 States