DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Dallas County sheriff’s deputy was placed on administrative leave after he was indicted for sexual assault.
Rodney D. Bailey, 45, was indicted by a Dallas County grand jury for a sexual assault that allegedly occurred in Lancaster eight years ago.
Bailey is accused of performing a sex act on a male, according to the Dallas Morning News.
Debbie Denmon, a spokeswoman for the Dallas County District Attorney, said prosecutors were never notified when the original police report was taken in 2006.
A new detective was going through files, noticed the case had never been filed and notified the DA’s office recently, she said.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Would-Be Traffic Stop Ends In Fiery Crash In Arlington
- Panthers Still Perfect, Romo Injured Again In 33-14 Loss
- New Super PAC Formed For Perry For President
- Tony Romo Leaves Game With Left Clavicle Injury
- Manziel Benched For Reportedly Lying To Coaches
- Teen Made Corsicana Walmart His Home
- American Flags Found Burned, Police Search For Vandals
- FBI: 80 Percent Of Police Officers Are Overweight
- Gov. Perry & FAA Disagree About Requests To Fly Drones Over Border
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes