DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Dallas County sheriff’s deputy was placed on administrative leave after he was indicted for sexual assault.
Rodney D. Bailey, 45, was indicted by a Dallas County grand jury for a sexual assault that allegedly occurred in Lancaster eight years ago.
Bailey is accused of performing a sex act on a male, according to the Dallas Morning News.
Debbie Denmon, a spokeswoman for the Dallas County District Attorney, said prosecutors were never notified when the original police report was taken in 2006.
A new detective was going through files, noticed the case had never been filed and notified the DA’s office recently, she said.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Remains Of Captain Cook’s Ship Likely Off Rhode Island Coast
- U.S. Bobsled Team Looking For Olympic Athletes
- Judge Agrees To Move Trial For Dad In Toddler Hot Car Death
- “Hamilton” Leads Tony Nominations With 16 Nods
- The Search For Bitcoin’s Creator Still Not Over
- Teen Made Corsicana Walmart His Home
- American Flags Found Burned, Police Search For Vandals
- FBI: 80 Percent Of Police Officers Are Overweight
- Gov. Perry & FAA Disagree About Requests To Fly Drones Over Border
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes