DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A Dallas County sheriff’s deputy was placed on administrative leave after he was indicted for sexual assault.
Rodney D. Bailey, 45, was indicted by a Dallas County grand jury for a sexual assault that allegedly occurred in Lancaster eight years ago.
Bailey is accused of performing a sex act on a male, according to the Dallas Morning News.
Debbie Denmon, a spokeswoman for the Dallas County District Attorney, said prosecutors were never notified when the original police report was taken in 2006.
A new detective was going through files, noticed the case had never been filed and notified the DA’s office recently, she said.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- I-Team: CBS11 Investigates Claims Of ‘Double-Dipping’ Deputies
- Drunk Driving Suspect Crashes Into Arlington Home
- Fort Worth Aiming To Bridge Gap Between Police And Communities
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured In Crash Of Air Force Training Jet
- Officer Shot In Line Of Duty Making A Comeback!
- Teen Made Corsicana Walmart His Home
- American Flags Found Burned, Police Search For Vandals
- FBI: 80 Percent Of Police Officers Are Overweight
- Gov. Perry & FAA Disagree About Requests To Fly Drones Over Border
- Smartphone Apps Claim To Repel Mosquitoes