FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – TCU coach Gary Patterson addressed the quarterback question before it was even asked. He didn’t provide the answer of who will start.
Patterson opened his first weekly news conference Tuesday saying that returning junior Trevone Boykin and Texas A&M graduate transfer Matt Joeckel will both play in Saturday’s season opener against Samford.
The Horned Frogs have new co-offensive coordinators who have installed a faster scheme.
Patterson says Boykin and Joeckel have been “pretty well even” in practice so far, and that it’s time to play a game.
As for who starts, Patterson said one of them “definitely” had an edge in preseason scrimmages. Without giving a name, the coach said that is which quarterback will be on the field with the first-team offense.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Clinch Playoff Spot After Redskins Loss
- Death Toll Hits 33 In Oakland Warehouse Fire, Includes Teens
- Plane Landing Gear Collapses On Landing In San Antonio
- Baylor And Boise State To Play In Cactus Bowl
- Texas Bowl To Host Texas A&M And Kansas State