DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A water main break in Dallas early Tuesday morning ripped up the roadways and sidewalks just a few blocks away from an Oak Cliff landmark. The incident happened at around 1:00 a.m. near the intersection of Saner Avenue and Britton Drive.
This location is just around the corner from Rudy’s Chicken, a popular Dallas restaurant that recently received a $1 million upgrade. While damage from the water main break did not seem to impact the fast food hotspot, it still had an effect on many people Tuesday morning.
Officials with Dallas Water Utilities said that crews were called to the scene for reports of gushing water and debris in the street. The water ripped through the roadway and other nearby pieces of concrete. Workers arrived and were able to stop the flow.
It is still not clear if this water main break will have an impact on water service for customers living in the area. More workers are expected to be on the scene later Tuesday to begin fixing the surrounding damage, including a gaping hole left on Saner Avenue.
- Danny Garcia: Thurman’s ‘Never Been In The Ring With A Guy Like Me’
- Casey Affleck Speaks About Sexual Harassment Claims
- Grapevine Police Say Man Stabbed Co-Worker To Death
- McDonald’s To Offer Mobile Order-&-Pay This Year
- New Exxon CEO Says Company Will Boost Production