Water Main Break Rips Up Dallas Road
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A water main break in Dallas early Tuesday morning ripped up the roadways and sidewalks just a few blocks away from an Oak Cliff landmark. The incident happened at around 1:00 a.m. near the intersection of Saner Avenue and Britton Drive.
This location is just around the corner from Rudy’s Chicken, a popular Dallas restaurant that recently received a $1 million upgrade. While damage from the water main break did not seem to impact the fast food hotspot, it still had an effect on many people Tuesday morning.
Officials with Dallas Water Utilities said that crews were called to the scene for reports of gushing water and debris in the street. The water ripped through the roadway and other nearby pieces of concrete. Workers arrived and were able to stop the flow.
It is still not clear if this water main break will have an impact on water service for customers living in the area. More workers are expected to be on the scene later Tuesday to begin fixing the surrounding damage, including a gaping hole left on Saner Avenue.
- TNF Fantasy Starters: Colts Vs. Texans – Who To Play, Who To Pass
- State Fairgrounds Are Already Gearing Up For Red River Showdown
- Why Do Extremists Drive Toyotas?
- Police Searching For Armed Robber Caught On Tape At Irving Truck Stop
- Gallardo Goes Home Before ALDS Opener