ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – DeMarcus Ware won’t play in his first visit to Dallas almost six months after the Cowboys released their franchise sack leader and he signed with Denver.
Henry Melton, one of several defensive linemen trying to fill Ware’s void, should make his Dallas debut in the preseason finale against the Broncos on Thursday night.
The 32-year-old Ware says it will be different “on the other side of the bar.”
And it will only be a social visit because most starters for both teams, including Peyton Manning and Tony Romo, won’t play.
Ware spent nine seasons with the Cowboys.
Melton, a defensive tackle, joined Dallas as a free agent from Chicago. He hasn’t played since tearing a knee ligament in Week 3 last year.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Former Bait Dogs Rescued, Returned To Rightful Owners
- Downtown Dallas Restaurants Show Police Appreciation With Free Food
- Facebook Fashion Fail: Deceptive Ads On Feeds Not Worth It
- Forget Romance: Many Trying To Catch Partners Cheating On Valentine’s Day
- Family Forced Out After Gas Explosion In Their Lakewood Home