Browns WR Gordon Suspended For 2014 Season
CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) - Browns star wide receiver Josh Gordon has been suspended by the NFL one year for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
Gordon’s suspension is effective immediately and he will miss the entire 2014 season. He will have to apply for reinstatement following the season.
Gordon had appealed his yearlong suspension and met with a league arbitrator in New York on Aug. 4. Arbitrator Harold Henderson upheld the suspension.
Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 27, 2014
The Browns have been waiting four months for a resolution on Gordon’s case. The 23-year-old led the league with 1,646 yards receiving last season despite being suspended the first two games for a failed drug test. He became the first player in league history to record consecutive 200-yard games.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- $3 Million Grand Prairie Park & Ride Lot Sits Empty
- New Bus Services From Dallas To Houston Promises To ‘Luxurious’
- Moustakas Hits Grand Slam In Royals’ Victory Over Rangers
- Mother: Salesperson Shamed Me For Allowing Daughter To Wear Boy Clothes
- Newly Released Video Shows Fort Worth Officer Involved Shooting