CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) – Browns star wide receiver Josh Gordon has been suspended by the NFL one year for violating the league’s substance abuse policy.
Gordon’s suspension is effective immediately and he will miss the entire 2014 season. He will have to apply for reinstatement following the season.
Gordon had appealed his yearlong suspension and met with a league arbitrator in New York on Aug. 4. Arbitrator Harold Henderson upheld the suspension.[tweet https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/504668949217177600]
The Browns have been waiting four months for a resolution on Gordon’s case. The 23-year-old led the league with 1,646 yards receiving last season despite being suspended the first two games for a failed drug test. He became the first player in league history to record consecutive 200-yard games.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- MedStar Responds To At Least 10 Rollover Crashes Due To Weather
- Police Give Gifts To Children Of Mother Killed At Dollar General During Robbery
- Woman Donates Gifts To Children In Honor Of Husband, Son
- Silvers Lifts Troy Over UNT, 50-30, In New Orleans Bowl
- Police: “Criminal Santa” Gets Stuck In Chimney During Burglary Attempt