Donovan’s Final Team USA Match In October
CARSON, Calif. (AP) – Landon Donovan says he will make his final appearance for the U.S. national team Oct. 10 in a friendly against Ecuador.
Donovan announced the plan Tuesday.
Donovan is the top scorer in U.S. history with 57 goals and 58 assists in 156 appearances, but he wasn’t chosen for his fourth World Cup roster earlier this summer by coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
Earlier this month, the 32-year-old Donovan announced he will retire from the LA Galaxy after the season. The five-time MLS champion is the North American league’s career goals leader.
The U.S. team will face Ecuador at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Connecticut.
Klinsmann expressed excitement about Donovan’s final appearance in a post on his Twitter account.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Appeals Court Will Review Rick Perry’s Abuse Of Power Charge
- 7 Reasons To Hate Toronto…or Maybe Dislike Them Some
- Experts Advise Getting Vaccinated Regardless Of Flu Season Severity
- Express Scripts To Cover Pricey New Cholesterol Treatments
- FWISD Students On ‘Walking School Buses’ For International Walk to School Day