Donovan’s Final Team USA Match In October
Sports Fan Insider
CARSON, Calif. (AP) - Landon Donovan says he will make his final appearance for the U.S. national team Oct. 10 in a friendly against Ecuador.
Donovan announced the plan Tuesday.
Donovan is the top scorer in U.S. history with 57 goals and 58 assists in 156 appearances, but he wasn’t chosen for his fourth World Cup roster earlier this summer by coach Jurgen Klinsmann.
Earlier this month, the 32-year-old Donovan announced he will retire from the LA Galaxy after the season. The five-time MLS champion is the North American league’s career goals leader.
The U.S. team will face Ecuador at Rentschler Field in East Hartford, Connecticut.
Klinsmann expressed excitement about Donovan’s final appearance in a post on his Twitter account.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Demarcus Lawrence Has Cowboys ‘Frothing At The Mouth’
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Why The Royals Will Win The World Series In 6 Games
- Jerry Jones: Snyder Should Keep Redskins Name
- Kimberly-Clark To Cut Up To 1,300 Jobs
- Interruptions Set For Dallas DART Rail