DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas Police have placed a veteran officer on administrative leave, while they investigate if he ignored a mother screaming for help after her children were abducted by gunpoint.
DPD confirms that Senior Corporal Leslie Richardson has been placed on administrative leave, while the incident is investigated.
Police say hours before being shot by police, Steven Douglas ran his girlfriend, Miesha Kilson, off the road along E. Illinois Avenue and kidnapped their two children at gunpoint.
As this was going on, Kilson told police that she saw a Dallas officer and screamed to him that her boyfriend had a gun.
Kilson claims the officer drove away without helping her.
Police confirm dash cam video places Richardson, a 28-year-veteran, at the scene.
However, the department is not saying what can be seen or heard on the video.
Douglas was able to get away with his one-year-old son and nine-year-old daughter. The children were later found safe at their grandmother’s house.
Internal affairs is investigating Richardson’s actions.
CBS 11 has tried to repeatedly contact Milson, but she has not responded.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Matthew McConaughey Fears ‘March For Our Lives’ Will Get “Hijacked”
- Dangerous Dog Task Force Meeting Canceled Despite Recent Dallas Attack
- Police and Semi Trucks Prevent Suicide Attempt on Detroit Freeway
- Iconic Dallas Hot Dog, Custard Shop ‘Wild About Harry’s’ Shutting Down
- FWPD Release Video Of “Person Of Interest” In Teen Bus Stop Attack