SEATTLE (AP) – Rougned Odor hit a third-inning grand slam to back Colby Lewis, and the last-place Texas Rangers beat Seattle 12-4 Wednesday to take two of three from the Mariners.
Erasmo Ramirez (1-6), recalled from Triple-A Tacoma for the start, allowed 10 runs and nine hits in three-plus innings. Seattle, which began the day a half-game ahead of Detroit for the second AL wild-card spot, had been the only major league team not to allow 10 or more runs in a game this season.
Lewis (9-11) allowed seven hits, struck out seven and walked one in his second complete game of the season and second in August. He had been 0-3 since pitching a five-hit shutout at the Chicago White Sox on Aug. 5.
Texas, a big league-worst 52-80, won a series for only the third time since the All-Star break. The Rangers took two of three from the Yankees from July 28-30 and also at the Chicago White Sox from Aug. 4-6.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mavericks Waive Five To Bring Roster To 15
- Pop Stars And Fast Cars: Taylor Swift Plays Formula One
- Child Dies In Washington Fire; His Dog Found Huddled At His Side
- Texas Woman Sentenced To Life For Sexually Abusing Children
- Kansas State Holds On For 24-21 Victory Over Texas