Perry In South Carolina For Politics & Football
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) – Texas Gov. Rick Perry is coming to South Carolina for some politicking, fundraising and football this week.
Perry kicks off two days of events Wednesday afternoon with a tailgate party and fundraiser for the South Carolina Republican Party in Columbia. Perry was a yell leader at Texas A&M and his beloved Aggies open the college football season Thursday against South Carolina.
Perry will speak to a Fellowship of Christian Athletes event at a high school Thursday and headline a barbecue fundraiser for South Carolina Rep. Kirkman Finlay before heading to the game.
Perry ran for president in 2012, but dropped out before South Carolina’s first-in-the-South primary.
Democrats are criticizing Perry’s visit after his indictment earlier this month over a veto. Perry has called the case politically motivated.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Texas Kids Prepare To Compete For Championship In Taekwondo
- Fort Worth Duplex Damaged By Fire Caused By A/C
- Fans Get Perfect Traffic Storm When Cowboys, Rangers Play At Same Time
- Cowboys Are Now 0-3 In Preseason
- Trump Says He’ll Decide On Third Party Bid Soon