TCU Gets $30 Million For Business School
FORT WORTH (AP) - Texas Christian University has gotten a $30 million gift toward a $100 million expansion of its business school.
TCU officials on Tuesday announced the gift from Spencer and Marlene Hays of Nashville, Tennessee. Spencer Hays is an emeritus TCU trustee and a businessman who graduated from TCU in 1959.
The expansion will be called the Marlene and Spencer Hays Business Commons.
O. Homer Erekson, the dean of the Neeley School of Business, tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that the donation will help them build and renovate facilities and recruit top faculty, staff and students.
The project calls for integrating new buildings with existing ones, resulting in a U-shaped complex.
Erekson says the project’s timeline depends how quickly TCU can reach its $100 million goal.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 NFL Week 16 JB Locks Against The Spread
- Baylor Not A Texas-Sized Draw For Cotton Bowl Tickets
- 3.2 Mil Expected To Travel Through DFW Airport Over Holiday Season
- CBS 11’s Karen Borta Is Moving To Mornings
- Bremond Rallies To Top Albany For UIL Class 2A Division II Title