FORT WORTH (AP) – Texas Christian University has gotten a $30 million gift toward a $100 million expansion of its business school.
TCU officials on Tuesday announced the gift from Spencer and Marlene Hays of Nashville, Tennessee. Spencer Hays is an emeritus TCU trustee and a businessman who graduated from TCU in 1959.
The expansion will be called the Marlene and Spencer Hays Business Commons.
O. Homer Erekson, the dean of the Neeley School of Business, tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that the donation will help them build and renovate facilities and recruit top faculty, staff and students.
The project calls for integrating new buildings with existing ones, resulting in a U-shaped complex.
Erekson says the project’s timeline depends how quickly TCU can reach its $100 million goal.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shippy & Luds: In The 5 Hole: Week 1 Recap
- Cowboys Week 7 Injury Report: Injured Starters Nearing Return In Bye Week
- Final Preparations This Weekend For Early Voting In Texas
- Own A Piece Of Parkland This Weekend
- Humane Society Of North Texas Wins Custody Of 218 Seized Animals