Texas Dairy Queens Affected By Potential Data Breach
NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) - That Dairy Queen Strawberry Cheesecake Blizzard you ordered last year may end up costing more than what you paid for it.
The popular restaurant chain may have been hit with a data breach that could put customers at risk of credit card fraud, according KrebsOnSecurity blogger, Brian Krebs. He broke the story about Target Corp’s nationwide security breach last year.
Krebs said a wave of Dairy Queen customers, including some from Texas, are now reporting credit card fraud.
Dairy Queen said a limited number of stores were at risk but it’s not clear how much the company knows since franchisees aren’t required to report fraud to headquarters.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Colorado Geophysicists Work To Find Cause Of North Texas Quakes
- Texas Executes Man For 1996 Strangling, Beating Death
- Fort Worth Officer Stable After Shooting; Suspect Killed
- Plano PD Calls Special Kidnapping Safety Meeting
- Woman’s Car Impounded For Failure To Pay Tolls