FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – An 18-wheeler carrying bottled wine caught on fire early Thursday morning, shutting down the northbound lanes of Interstate-35W near Basswood Drive in north Fort Worth.
The fire broke out just before 5:30 a.m. but officials have not said what sparked the flames. One man was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
Fort Worth Fire Department spokesman Richard Harrison said that crews had some difficulty putting the flames out because the fire occurred in a construction zone, where access to water was limited.
Firefighters also had a difficult time reaching the scene because of road closures.
The vehicle was carrying 1,200 cases — or 41,000 pounds — of wine.
Officials re-opened the northbound lanes shortly after 9:00 a.m. on Thursday morning.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Stars Fall To Capitals In Overtime 4-3
- New Wave Of Sightings Marks Ongoing Effort To Capture Plano’s Stray Dogs
- British Prime Minister Theresa May To Visit Trump Friday
- Many Arrested Inauguration Day Protesters Will Face Felony Rioting Charges, Prosecutors Say
- Community Welcomes Home Wylie Football Player Who Had Stroke