Fort Worth Highway Re-Opens After Big Rig Fire
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - An 18-wheeler carrying bottled wine caught on fire early Thursday morning, shutting down the northbound lanes of Interstate-35W near Basswood Drive in north Fort Worth.
The fire broke out just before 5:30 a.m. but officials have not said what sparked the flames. One man was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
Fort Worth Fire Department spokesman Richard Harrison said that crews had some difficulty putting the flames out because the fire occurred in a construction zone, where access to water was limited.
Firefighters also had a difficult time reaching the scene because of road closures.
The vehicle was carrying 1,200 cases — or 41,000 pounds — of wine.
Officials re-opened the northbound lanes shortly after 9:00 a.m. on Thursday morning.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Obama’s Executive Action On Immigration Elicits Praise And Anger
- Parents Urged To Talk To Their Children About Sexual Predators
- Homeland Security Chief On Texas Border After Immigration Order
- North Texans Taking Special Steps To Protect Packages
- Texas Woman: Detectives Ignored Mardi Gras Rape