AUSTIN (AP) – Police have asked for the public’s help to locate whoever donated a human skull to an Austin thrift store.
Homicide Detective Derek Israel said Wednesday that foul play was not suspected in the person’s death. He says he just wants to know how the skull came to be in an unspecified container left at the store.
Goodwill staff discovered the skull while sifting through donations on July 16. A spokeswoman says it could have been gifted up to a week prior to its discovery.
Israel says the skull is from an adult. No other details about it have been released.
This is at least the fourth skull to be donated to the international nonprofit this summer. Three were donated in July to a Goodwill store in Bellevue, Washington.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shoplifting Suspect Arrested After Allegedly Hitting Pedestrian, Taking Off
- North Texas Population Boom Leading To Major Growing Pains
- Academy Sued For Selling Gun To Texas Church Shooter
- Water Main Breaks In Fort Worth
- Alleged Serial Killer Indicted In Death Of UNT Student