Tasha’s To Do List: August 28-31
DALLAS (KRLD) — Looking for something to do this weekend in north Texas? KRLD’s Tasha Stevens has some ideas for you and your family!
– If you are a Princess Bride fanatic, make plans to be at Thursday’s The Princess Bride Quote-Along at Alamo Drafthouse in Richardson.
– The Dallas Cowboys take on the Denver Broncos Thursday night at AT&T Stadium in Arlington.
– Fall is just around the corner, so end summer with a bang — literally — at the Summer Bash at the Gaylord Texan. This weekend, check out the family events, dining specials, Pool-A-Palooza, Friday Night Fireworks, Margarita Madness and Wine & Cheese Pairings.
– The Clearfork Music Festival is happening Saturday at Panther Island Pavilion in Fort Worth. This full day of music and art will feature food trucks and tasty craft beer.
– Get a little PSYCHO with The Lone Star Film Society’s Arthouse and the Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, as they finish out the summer with an exciting series showcasing six pivotal Alfred Hitchcock films. Friday night’s feature — 1960’s Psycho.
(Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)
– I get a bigger kick seeing the bulls in PBR than I do the bull riders, but that is just me. It is perfectly normal that I follow Bushwacker on Facebook. See the best of the best of both humans and bulls at the PBR event Friday night at WinStar World Casino Global Event Center.
– If you ever wanted to know how you would measure up to those in the military, physically, here is your chance. The Air National Guard Mobile Experience Physical Challenge is happening Friday at the PBR event at Winstar Casino. You’ll feel like you are in basic training as you race through a timed obstacle course completing box jumps, a cargo rope climb, pull-ups and a cliffhanger challenge.
– The World’s Largest Dinosaur exhibit will only be at the Perot Museum through September 1, so if you want to see the super-sized sauropods that thrived on Earth for approximately 140 million years, hurry up!
– The 2014 Bedford Blues & BBQ Festival is happening this weekend at the Bedford City Hall Complex. If you are a music lover with an appetite for tasty blues and mouth-watering barbecue, this deal is for you.
– You may have missed this guy back in the 90’s when you were rocking the flannel and hating the world. This dude had a ton of hits on country radio back in the 90’s, and he is playing Billy Bob’s Saturday night. Check out Travis Tritt.
– It happens every year, and this year it is set for this weekend. The West Fest Czech & Polka Festival south of the metroplex in the town of West, will include great music, awesome food and a Miss Westfest contest. Yeah, just forget your diet. There will be food galore at this thing. Czech sausage, pork sausage served in several different ways. They’ll have sausage-on-a-stick, sausage sandwiches, beer bread sandwiches, sausage dogs, even sausage boats.
– Coming up on Tuesday, September 2, it’s a show with more rock than you can possibly handle. See Godsmack, Seether, Skillet, Buckcherry and Pop Evil as part of the Uproar Festival at the Verizon.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Tips Sought After Waco Meteorologist Shot
- Fort Worth Firefighters Use Oxygen To Save Cat
- Cleburne Officer Cleared In Fatal Shooting Of Pit Bull
- Harris County Grand Juries Lack Hispanics
- Dallas Teen Killed In Fatal Car Crash