DALLAS, Texas (1080 KRLD) – A man was taken to the hospital after his truck was caught between two trains in Dallas early Friday morning.
An unidentified man was stopped next to one train on the railroad tracks along Westmoreland Rd at Singleton in West Dallas early this morning.
According to police, a second train came along and hit the pickup dragging it a short distance and sandwiching the truck in between both trains.[tweet https://twitter.com/JoeGomezKRLD/status/505304715719364608]
Emergency response crews worked to remove the driver from the mangled wreckage – and miraculously he survived.
The victim was taken to nearby Methodist Hospital for treatment of his injuries. His condition is unknown.
Police are treating the incident as an accident and is still under investigation.
Representatives from Union Pacific are also investigating the crash scene.
*This is a developing story. Listen to 1080 KRLD or follow CBSDFW.COM for the latest information.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- GM To Announce $1B Factory Investment, New Jobs
- Update Expected On Target Attack That Left Theater Director In ICU
- Facebook Founder Zuckerberg In Town To Testify In Lawsuit
- Springsteen Cover Band Pulls Out Of Inauguration Gala
- Trump Tries To Calm Tensions After Lewis Squabble