CLEVELAND (AP) – Johnny Manziel’s ready to hand off his nickname. Or at least share it.
After Texas A&M sophomore quarterback Kenny Hill shredded No. 9 South Carolina for 511 yards passing on Thursday, breaking Manziel’s single-game school record, the Browns rookie QB acknowledged that his replacement had more than earned some respect and attention.
Manziel posted “KENNY FOOTBALL” on his Twitter account and later gave Hill a shout out during his news conference by saying, “Kenny Football, baby! Let’s go!”[tweet https://twitter.com/JManziel2/status/505191762533842944]
Texas A&M was playing its first game in two years without Manziel, the first freshman to win the Heisman Trophy. Hill completed 44 of 60 with three touchdowns.
Manziel, who threw a TD pass and showed some of his elusiveness in Cleveland’s win over Chicago, was asked if he could give up his “Football” nickname so easily.
“Hey,” he said. “You throw for 511 yards …”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Flooded Homeowners Sue Houston, Alleging Negligence
- Police Arrest Man After High Speed Chase With Infant
- Good Samaritans Help Police Subdue Man Being Investigated By Feds
- Mansfield Twins Take Top Two Graduating Honors
- Security Tightens At 2 Arlington Schools After Racist Graffiti Found