NEW YORK (AP) – Cramp-free on a cool summer’s night, Andy Murray moved easily into the third round of the U.S. Open on Thursday with a 6-3, 6-3, 6-4 victory over Matthias Bachinger.
The eighth-seeded Murray, who battled cramps in his hamstring, shoulder and arm during a four-set win over Robin Haase in the heat of the day Monday, showed no such trouble on a crisp, 75-degree night in Arthur Ashe Stadium.
Murray, the 2012 U.S. Open champion, has not reached a final since winning Wimbledon in 2013. He next faces Andrey Kuznetsov of Russia.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Justin Bieber Cancels Concert In Arlington This Weekend
- Trump Intensifies Criticism Of His Attorney General
- 2017 Conference USA Football Preview: West Division
- 5 Injured In Ammonia Leak At Dallas Bakery Plant
- Cowboys Lucky Whitehead In Trouble With The Law Over Shoplifting Charge