No. 4 Sooners Ready To Make New Memories
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) – Oklahoma finally gets a chance to live up to the hype.
The Sooners have gotten tons of attention since beating Alabama in the Sugar Bowl. The opener Saturday at home against Louisiana Tech offers the fourth-ranked Sooners a chance to move to the next chapter.
Quarterback Trevor Knight has received plenty of attention for his MVP performance against Alabama, and the sophomore is ready to prove he can replicate that effort. He’ll be working with several talented, but inexperienced, players at the running back and receiver positions.
Louisiana Tech went 4-8 last season in Skip Holtz’s first year, and he knows he’ll have a major challenge to start his second. Oklahoma returns most of the unit that led the Big 12 in pass defense and total defense.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 NFL Week 16 JB Locks Against The Spread
- Baylor Not A Texas-Sized Draw For Cotton Bowl Tickets
- 3.2 Mil Expected To Travel Through DFW Airport Over Holiday Season
- CBS 11’s Karen Borta Is Moving To Mornings
- Bremond Rallies To Top Albany For UIL Class 2A Division II Title